Another day and another snow storm this winter!!! However, that won’t stop us from letting you know that today we released the results of the REALTOR Market Confidence Index (RMCI) and REALTOR Price Confidence Index (RPCI) for February 2013. Both indexes were up from the same time last year as the RMCI hit an all-time high. In addition to hitting an all-time high, this is only the second time that the RMCI was higher than the REALTOR Price Confidence Index.
Here are the February 2013 Highlights:
- This is the first time that the RMCI was over the 70-point mark.
- Only the second time that the RMCI has been higher than the RPCI.
- The RPCI has been over the 60-point mark for 10 consecutive months
- This is the 19th straight month the RMCI was up over the same time last year and the 13th straight month for RPCI.
The January “hot topic” question asked REALTORS what type of impact the multiple weekend snow storms in February had on market activity.
Click here to read the full release: February Realtor(R) Market Confidence Index and Realtor(R) Price Confidence Index
- REALTOR® Market Confidence Index in February was 71.82 Up 82% from the same time last year
- REALTOR® Market Confidence Index in February was UP 11% from January 2013
- REALTOR® Price Confidence Index in was 69.55. Up 27% from the same time last year.
- REALTOR® Price Confidence Index in February was Down 8% from January 2013.