Today (Tuesday, Oct. 26) we issued our September and Q3 housing numbers and for the third straight month sales have gone down. Despite the sales decrease, home prices have continued to edge up, but the increases have seemed to slow down a bit. On a month-to-month basis sales were down, but that is typical from August to September.
Read the release: September/Q3 2010 Housing Numbers (the podcast with MAR President Kevin Sears will be posted later today)
Here are the highlights from the release:
- Single-family home sales were down 13.8% compared to last year. This is the 3rd straight month of decreases.
- Single-family median prices were up for the 11th straight month compared to the year before.
- Condo sales were down 23.4 compared to the same time last year.
- The median price for a condo was the same as September 2009 at $259,900.
- Single-family inventory has gone up for the 7th straight month.
- Single-family Q3 sales were down 20.7% and Q3 median prices were up 5.0%
- Condo Q3 sales were down 26.1% and Q3 median prices were up 4.4%