Today we issued the October 2010 housing numbers and for the 12th straight month median single-family home prices have been up over the same time last year. Despite the news about prices, October sales were down for the 4th straight month. Sales were also down on a month-to-month basis as well.
Read the release and listen to the podcast with MAR President Kevin Sears
Here are the highlights from the release:
- Single-family median prices were up for the 12th straight month compared to the year before.
- Single-family home sales were down 27.6% compared to last year. This is the 4th straight month of decreases.
- The median price for a condo was down less than 0.4% compared to last year.
- Condo sales were down 38.8 compared to the same time last year.
- Single-family inventory has gone up for the 8th straight month.
- Condo inventory has gone up for the 5th straight month.