Election day is here. I know I did my part and at 8:30 there was a good amount of activity. Did you vote yet? Will you? I know for some people it is hard to get past all the negative ads on TV, but elections matters. Please participate in the process.
If you are a reader of this blog, you know MAR would like you to preserve Massachusetts’ affordable/workforce housing law known as Chapter 40B and Vote No on 2. Links to resources below.
Happy Election Day!
- MAR President Kevin Sears on why the Association supports No on Question 2
- Vote No on 2 to Protect Affordable Housing Law
- For more details, go to www.protectaffordablehousing.org
This is what we know about Chapter 40B:
- It has enabled builders to create 58,000 new homes in cities, suburbs, and small towns;
- Of these, 29,000 homes are reserved for households earning less than 80% of the area median income, or about $66,000 for a family of four in Greater Boston;
- The affordable housing law is our most important tool for keeping families in the Commonwealth, as home prices and rents remain out of reach for many families struggling to get by.
- In the last 10 years, Chapter 40B has generated approximately $9.25 Billion in construction-related spending.