Today we released the December 2011 and year-end 2011 pending home sales pending home sales report and for the eighth straight month single-family pending sales were up over the same time last year. Condominium pending sales were also up from last year. On a month-to-month basis, both single-family and condo pending home sales were down from November.
Looking at the total year, single-family pending home sales in 2011 were down less than two percent from 2010 (a year that included the home buyer tax credit). The number of condominiums put under agreement in 2011 were down close to 20 percent.
Read the release: Mass. pending home sales up in December
Here are the highlights:
- Single-family pending home sales were up 11.7% compared to December 2010
- Single-family month-to-month pending home sales were down 10% from November 2011
- Condo pending home sales were up 13% compared to December 2010
- Condo pending month-to-month home sales were down 11.6% from November 2011
- 2011 Single-family pending home sales were down 1.9% compared to 2010
- 2011 Condo pending home sales were down 19.7% compared to 2010