We hope everyone is staying warm today, because it sure is cold! Anyway, let’s talk about something that is a little bit warmer. Today we released our December 2012 and year-end sales report and for the 18th straight month homes sales were up compared to the same month the year before. Single-family median home prices were also up for the 3rd straight month. Condo median prices and sales both continued their upward trend in December. (see graphs below – click on them to enlarge).
2012 was a very active year with the most homes sold since 2005. Median prices were essentially flat from 2011.
Link to December 2012/year-end Housing Release (including data sheets)
Highlights from the release:
- Single-family home sales were up 13% compared to last year (18th straight month)
- Single-family median prices were UP 10.4% ($303,500) (3rd straight month)
- Condo sales were up 14.2% compared to the same time last year
- The median price for a condo was UP 8.7% ($282,750) compared to last year
- Single-family home sales were up 21.4% compared to 2011
- Median prices were up 1% to $298,000
- Condominium home sales were up 22.3% compared to 2011
- Median prices were up 4.4% to $282,000