The annual push to be all moved in by the start of school combined with a tick up in interest rates in the spring resulted in both sales and median prices going up again in July. Condominium sales also saw increases in closed sales and prices. (see graphs below – click on them to enlarge).
Highlights from the release:
- Single-family home sales were UP 20.3% compared to last year (5,759 homes sold)
- Most single-family home sold in one month since July 2004 (5,823 homes sold)
- Single-family median prices were UP 7.7% ($350,000) (10th straight month)
- Condo sales were UP 24% compared to the same time last year (2,297 units sold)
- Most condos sold since August 2007 (2,323 units sold)
- The median price for a condo was UP 4.8% ($314,500) compared to last year
We also wanted to let you know that because of the change that one the multiple listing services we receive data from made a change in how it categorizes “under agreements”, we are unable to provide inventory, days on market and months of supply data for July 2013. We are continuing to work with our analytics vendor to create a solution.