March didn’t do us many favors in the nice weather department, but despite the collective bad mood it put us in (or some of us anyway), REALTORS® in Massachusetts who responded to our March survey continued to feel confident about prices. At the same time, while still confident about the market was still positive (based on its Index number), REALTORS® were not feeling as good about the market compared to the same time last year.
Here are the March 2014 Highlights:
- The REALTOR® Market Confidence Index (RMCI) went down compared to March 2013
- This is the fifth straight monthly year-over-year decrease
- The REALTOR® Price Confidence Index (RPCI) has been up for 26 straight months compared to the same month the year before
- The RPCI was over the 70-point mark for the 13th straight month
The March Hot Topic question asked REALTORS® to describe client demand for accessible/single-floor living homes.
Click link to read the full release: March 2014 REALTOR® Market Confidence Index and REALTOR® Price Confidence Index
- REALTOR® Market Confidence Index in March was 69.50 Down 8% from the same time last year
- REALTOR® Market Confidence Index in March was Up 11% from February 2014
- REALTOR® Price Confidence Index in March was 79.69 Up 1% from the same time last year
- REALTOR® Price Confidence Index in March was down 1% from February 2014