Today we released our October REALTOR(R) Market Confidence Index (RMCI) and REALTOR(R) Price Confidence Index (RPCI) numbers and both were up compared to the same time last year. In addition, the RPCI hit another all-time high in October. This is the fifth time in eight months that the price index has it an all-time high.
Here are the highlights:
- Both the October RMCI and the RPCI were UP compared to the same month in 2012.
- The RPCI hit an all-time in October
- The RMCI and RPCI were UP compared to September.
- This is the 15th straight month the RMCI was up over the same time last year and the ninth straight month for RPCI.
REALTORS(R) were asked if they felt the aftermath of Hurricane Sandy would have an impact on buyers and sellers who are/were in the market (closings, offers, appraisals, etc.)
Click here to read the full release: October 2012 Realtor(R) Market Confidence Index and Realtor(R) Price Confidence Index
- REALTOR® Market Confidence Index in October was 58.38 Up 125% from the same time last year
- REALTOR® Market Confidence Index in October was UP 1% from September 2012
- REALTOR® Price Confidence Index in October was 68.68 Up 57% from the same time last year.
- This is the sixth straight month that the RPCI has been over the 60-point mark
- REALTOR® Price Confidence Index in October was UP 6.6% from September 2012