Today we released our July REALTOR(R) Market Index (RMI) and REALTOR(R) Price Index (RPI) numbers and both were up compared to the same time last year. The RPI also hit an all-time high in July.
Here are the highlights:
- Both the July RMI and the RPI were UP compared to the same month in 2012.
- The RMI was down compared to June, but the RPI was up from June.
- This is the 12th straight month the RMI was up over the same time last year and sixth straight month for RPI.
- The RPI hit an all time high in July 2012 (65.00).
This month’s “Hot Topic” question asked REALTOR(R) members whether higher rents and low vacancy rates were having an impact in driving home purchases.
Click here to read the full release: July 2012 Realtor(R) Market Index and Realtor(R) Price Index
- REALTOR® Market Index in July was 57.63. Up 114% from the same time last year
- REALTOR® Market Index in July was down 2.8% from June 2012
- REALTOR® Price Index in June was 65.00 (an all-time high). Up 61.74% from the same time last year.
- This is the third straight month the RPI has been over the 60-point mark.
- REALTOR® Price Index in July was up 8.2% from June 2012