Today we issued the results of our April 2012 REALTOR® Market Index (RMI) and REALTOR® Price Index (RPI). We’re going to take the same tact we did last month and go straight to the highlights.
- Both the RMI and the RPI were up compared to the same time last year and compared to March 2012.
- This is the 9th straight month the RMI was up over the same time last year
- The RMI hit its highest mark since the data has been tracked.
- The RPI hit an all-time high mark in April
- April was the third straight month that the RPI was over the 50-point mark. The only other time this has happened was February-April 2010 – the last three months of the home buyer tax credit was available.
This month’s “Hot Topic” question asked REALTOR(R) members how low appraisals were impacting the closings of homes that received competitive and multiple-bid offers in this improving market. .
Click here to read the full release: April 2012 Realtor(R) Market Index and Realtor(R) Price Index
- REALTOR® Market Index in April was 56.31. Up 86% from the same time last year
- REALTOR® Market Index in April was up 13.7% from March 2012
- REALTOR® Price Index in April was 59.86. Up 23.1% from the same time last year
- REALTOR® Price Index in April was up 3.7% from March 2012