Today we released our August REALTOR(R) Market Index (RMI) and REALTOR(R) Price Index (RPI) numbers and both were up compared to the same time last year.
Here are the highlights:
- Both the August RMI and the RPI were UP compared to the same month in 2012.
- The RMI and RPI were down compared to July.
- This is the 13th straight month the RMI was up over the same time last year and seventh straight month for RPI.
With the number of homes for sale trending down, this month’s “Hot Topic” question asked REALTOR(R) members where they thought inventory levels were heading in the next six months.
Click here to read the full release: August 2012 Realtor(R) Market Index and Realtor(R) Price Index
- REALTOR® Market Index in August was 56.41 Up 97% from the same time last year
- REALTOR® Market Index in August was down 2.11% from July 2012
- REALTOR® Price Index in August was 64.19 Up 60.83% from the same time last year.
- This is the fourth straight month that the RPI has been over the 60-point mark
- REALTOR® Price Index in August was down 1.24% from July 2012