While vacations, cookouts and the Red Sox typically dominate conversation in the summer, REALTORS® were also focused on business as confidence in the real estate market and prices were strong in August. The August REALTOR® Market Confidence Index (RMCI) and REALTOR® Price Confidence Index (RPCI) were up again compared to the same time last year.
Here are the August 2013 Highlights:
- This is the 25th straight month the RMCI was up over the same time last year and the 19th straight month for RPCI.
- This is the first time in six months that the RMCI was below the 70-point mark.
- The RPCI was over the 70-point mark for the 6th straight month (and 8 out of the last 9 months)
The August “hot topic” question asked REALTORS® how increasing interest rates were impacting homebuyer activity.
Click link to read the full release: August REALTOR® Market Confidence Index and REALTOR® Price Confidence Index
- REALTOR® Market Confidence Index in August was 69.26 Up 23% from the same time last year
- REALTOR® Market Confidence Index in August was down 3% from July 2013
- REALTOR® Price Confidence Index in was 73.57. Up 15% from the same time last year.
- REALTOR® Price Confidence Index in August was Up 2% from July 2013.