For the second straight month both the REALTOR(R) Market Index (RMI) and the REALTOR(R) Price Index (RPI) hit all-time highs (both went over the 60-point mark). Here are the highlights:
- Both the RMI and the RPI were up compared to the same time last year and compared to April 2012.
- This is the 10th straight month the RMI was up over the same time last year
- The RMI and the RPI hit their highest marks since the data has been tracked.
- May was the fourth straight month that the RPI was over the 50-point mark.
This month’s “Hot Topic” question asked REALTOR(R) members about their clients’ ability to secure financing in the current lending environment.
Click here to read the full release: May 2012 Realtor(R) Market Index and Realtor(R) Price Index
- REALTOR® Market Index in May was 60.38 (all-time high). Up 115% from the same time last year
- REALTOR® Market Index in May was up 7% from April 2012
- REALTOR® Price Index in May was 62.38 (all-time high). Up 60% from the same time last year
- REALTOR® Price Index in May was up 4% from April 2012