Happy first day of spring! REALTORS® in Massachusetts who responded to our February survey continue to feel confident about prices. In fact, the REALTOR® Price Confidence Index (RPCI) went over the 80-point mark for only the third time in its history. However, just because confidence about prices is strong, doesn’t necessarily mean REALTORS® feel the same way about the market as the REALTOR®Market Confidence Index (RMCI) went down for the fourth straight month.
Here are the February 2014 Highlights:
- The RMCI went down compared to February 2013
- This is the fourth straight monthly year-over-year decrease
- The RPCI has been up for 25 straight months compared to the same month the year before
- The RPCI was over the 70-point mark for the 12th straight month
- The RPCI went over the 80-point mark for only its third time
The February Hot Topic question asked REALTORS® about the number of transactions they’ve been involved with in the past year in which “green” features in the home were one of the key factors in the buy-sell decision.
Click link to read the full release: February 2014 REALTOR® Market Confidence Index and REALTOR® Price Confidence Index
- REALTOR® Market Confidence Index in February was 62.79 Down 13% from the same time last year
- REALTOR® Market Confidence Index in February was Up five % from January 2014
- REALTOR® Price Confidence Index in was 80.81 Up 16% from the same time last year
- REALTOR® Price Confidence Index in February was up five % from January 2014