We released our June REALTOR(R) Market Index and REALTOR(R) Price Index earlier today and both were up compared to the same time last year. Unlike in May, they didn’t hit all-time highs, but rather “2nd place”.
Here are the highlights:
- Both the RMI and the RPI were up compared to 2012.
- Both indexes were down compared to May 2012.
- This is the 11th straight month the RMI was up over the same time last year and fifth straight month for RPI.
- The RMI and the RPI hit their 2nd highest marks since the data has been tracked.
This month’s “Hot Topic” question asked REALTOR(R) members whether short sales and foreclosures were part of their business and how has that business changed compared to last year.
Click here to read the full release: June 2012 Realtor(R) Market Index and Realtor(R) Price Index
- REALTOR® Market Index in June was 50.3. Up 103% from the same time last year
- REALTOR® Market Index in June was down 1.8% from May 2012
- REALTOR® Price Index in June was 60.06. Up 59% from the same time last year
- REALTOR® Price Index in June was down 3.7% from May 2012