This morning we released the results of the first REALTOR Market Confidence Index (RMCI) and REALTOR Price Confidence Index (RPCI) for 2013 and both indexes hit all-time highs. If that news wasn’t exciting enough, both indexes were up from December 2012 as well.
Here are the January 2013 Highlights:
- January was the 10th straight month that the RMCI was over the 50-point mark.
- This is only the 2nd time the RMCI was over the 60-point mark.
- The RPCI has been over the 60-point mark for nine consecutive months
- This is the 18th straight month the RMCI was up over the same time last year and the 12th straight month for RPCI.
The January “hot topic” question asked REALTORS what type of impact an increase of at least one percentage point on mortgage rates would do to the Massachusetts real estate market over the next six months.
Click here to read the full release: January Realtor(R) Market Confidence Index and Realtor(R) Price Confidence Index
- REALTOR® Market Confidence Index in January was 65.00 Up 104% from the same time last year
- REALTOR® Market Confidence Index in January was UP 13% from December 2012
- REALTOR® Price Confidence Index in was 77.07. Up 67% from the same time last year.
- REALTOR® Price Confidence Index in January was Up 6% from December 2012