It wouldn’t be summer in Massachusetts without high temps in July and that essentially described REALTOR confidence in the real estate market as well. Both the July REALTOR Market Confidence Index (RMCI) and REALTOR Price Confidence Index (RPCI) were up again compared to the same time last year.
Here are the July 2013 Highlights:
- This is the 6th straight time that the RMCI was over the 70-point mark.
- The RPCI was over the 70-point mark for the 5th straight month
- This is the 24th straight month the RMCI was up over the same time last year and the 18th straight month for RPCI.
The July “hot topic” question asked REALTORS if first-time homebuyer activity was being impacted by the lack of homes for sale and increasing prices.
Click link to read the full release: July Realtor(R) Market Confidence Index and Realtor(R) Price Confidence Index
- REALTOR® Market Confidence Index in July was 71.09 Up 23% from the same time last year
- REALTOR® Market Confidence Index in July was down 7% from June 2013
- REALTOR® Price Confidence Index in was 72.27. Up 11% from the same time last year.
- REALTOR® Price Confidence Index in July was down 4% from June 2013.