After an active summer and early fall, the lack of homes for sale in Massachusetts pushed closed sales down and prices up for both single-family homes and condominiums in November. We continue to track the number of new listings added to the market and that figure continues to go up over the same month from the year before. However, we really need homeowners who are thinking of selling to take a good look at the market and list their home. This is the only way we’ll get to a full market recovery. (see graphs below – click on them to enlarge) We hope you have a very Happy New Year!!!
Link to November 2013 news release
Click arrow below to listen to podcast:
Highlights from the release:
- November single-family home sales – Up 8.9% over last year. First decrease after seven straight months of increases.
- November Single-family median prices were UP 7.3% to $316,500. Fourteen straight months of increases.
- November condo sales down 5.8% and median prices UP 3.5% ($295,000)
- Inventory in November Down 20.6% to 18,428 and Condominium homes available Down 27.7% to 4,925
- SF listings added to the market in November UP 7.9% over last year. (3,954 from 3,663 in 2012)
- Condo listings added to the market up 3.5% over last year. (1,375 from 1,328 in 2012)