There must be something in the air, and it’s not just the pollen.
Potential buyers are out there en masse, as evidenced by the pending sales data for April 2014. Last month saw the biggest April for pending home sales since MAR began collecting data in 2004, pre-Recession. Condominium pending sales also saw an increase from this time last year.
Here are the highlights:
- Single-family pending home sales were up 3.6% compared to April 2013
- Single-family month-to-month pending home sales were up 11% from March 2014
- Single-family median price up 2.3% from April 2013 (to $320,000)
- Condo pending home sales were up 6.4% compared to April 2013
- Condo pending month-to-month home sales were up 11.5% from March 2014
- Condo median price up 11.7% compared to April 2013 (to $319,000)