Single-family pending home sales rose over two percent this month from October of last year, with prices rising close to five percent. Pending condominium sales were also up, rising more than two percent over last year, while prices increased slightly. Realtors® confidence in the market was up again in October, while confidence in prices dropped slightly over last year.
October Pending Sales:
|Single Family||October 2017||October 2016||% Change|
- Pending sales up for 11 out of the last 12 months
|Condominium||October 2017||October 2016||% Change|
- Pending sales up for nine out of the last 12 months
Realtor® Market and Price Confidence Indexes:
|Confidence Index||October 2017||October 2016||%Change|
- The Realtor® Market Confidence Index up for the 29th time in 30 months
- The Realtor® Price Confidence Index down for the fourth time in 12 months
- Measured on a 100-point scale, a score of 50 is the midpoint between a “strong” (100 points) and a “weak” (0 points) market condition
Read more in the October 2017 Future Indicators Report.