Wasn’t last week Halloween? And next week is Thanksgiving? Not sure where the time went. Do you???
Today we released the October 2012 pending home sales report for single-family homes and condominiums. For the 18th straight month, homes put under agreement were up over the same month last year. In fact, it was the 2nd biggest increases since we’ve been tracking the data starting back in June 2007. On a month-to-month basis, pending sales were up from September.
Link to release: October 2012 Pending Sales
Here are the highlights:
- Single-family pending home sales were up 35.9% compared to October 2011
- This is the second biggest increase next to the final month of the home buyer tax credit in April 2010
- Single-family month-to-month pending home sales were up 6.45% from September 2012
- Condo pending home sales were up 42.99% compared to October 2011
- Condo pending month-to-month home sales were up 6.56% from September 2012