If you live in Massachusetts you know this March was much more winter-like than most of us wanted. And while we New Englanders are hardy, we sure did a lot of weather-based complaining this year. Yet, despite the cold and snow, buyers continued to get out there and made more accepted offers this March than any March since 2004! Finally, the significant month-to-month increases are typical from February to March.
Here are the highlights:
- Single-family pending home sales were up 15% compared to March 2013
- Single-family month-to-month pending home sales were up 44.5% from February 2014
- Single-family median price up 8.3% from March 2013 (to $314,000)
- Condo pending home sales were up 7.3% compared to March 2013
- Condo pending month-to-month home sales were up 42.4% from February 2014
- Condo median price up 12.8% compared to March 2013 (to $304,500)