When you live in New England, snow and cold are part of the deal. While this winter seems to have had a little more cold and a little more snow than usual, it didn’t stop buyers from making offers that sellers accepted in February. In fact, it was the most active February for single-family pending sales since February 2004. Each month median prices go up, is another month additional homeowners who were under water have the chance to put their homes on the market.
Here are the highlights:
- Single-family pending home sales were up 20.4% compared to February 2013
- Single-family month-to-month pending home sales were up 13.8% from January 2013
- Single-family median price up 7.5% from February 2013 (to $295,600)
- Condo pending home sales were up 17% compared to February 2013
- Condo pending month-to-month home sales were up 7.9% from January 2014
- Condo median price up 8.9% compared to February 2013 (to $282,500)