We need all Massachusetts REALTORS® to call your US Senators today and ask them to support the Homeowner Flood Insurance Affordability Act. As you know the impact of the new National Flood Insurance Program rates continues to wreak havoc across Massachusetts (and not just on the coast!) and the US.
Click the button below and follow the steps to be patched through to Congress. There are talking points and video below. Thank you!
Here are some talking points
- I am a constituent and a REALTOR®.
- I strongly urge you to vote for Senate Bill 1846, the Homeowner Flood Insurance Affordability Act.
- Home buyers need a pause now, while Congress works out the details and reviews FEMA’s cost report.
- FEMA has withheld a congressionally mandated report that could show inaccurate rates or provide Congress with the data necessary to act.
- Feel free to add your own personal experience about how the rate increases have impacted your local market too.
Not sure why you need to call? Hear what Massachusetts Congressman Bill Keating gives as reasons why this bill needs to pass!