The Massachusetts Association of REALTORS® (MAR) reported today that pending home sales continued their upward climb according to the September Future Indicators Report. This report is a combination of our previous Pending Homes Sales and the REALTOR® Confidence Indexes data into one succinct monthly document.
According to the September Future Indicators Report, there was a 22 percent increase in accepted offers compared to the same month the year before, while median price of homes put under agreement were flat compared to September 2013.
Here are the September 2014 Highlights:
Pending home sales:
- Single-family pending home sales were up 22.1% compared to September 2013
- Single-family median remained flat since September 2013 ($325,000)
- Condo pending home sales were up 13.2% compared to September 2013
- Condo median price down -0.3% compared to September 2013 (to $305,000)
- 19th straight month of single-family year-over-year increases.
REALTOR® Market and Price Confidence Indexes:
- The eleventh straight month that the RMCI has gone down.
- The first time in seven months that the RMCI has dropped below the 60-point mark.
- The sixth straight month that the RPCI has gone down.
- The first time in 18 months that the RPCI has dropped below the 70-point mark.
- Measured on a 100-point scale, a score of 50 is the midpoint between a “strong” (100 points) and a “weak” (0 points) market condition.
Click link to read the full release: September Future Indicators Report: Another Month for Pending Sales Growth