The Massachusetts Association of REALTORS® (MAR) reported today that pending home sales were up for the 20th straight month according to October Future Indicators Report. This report is a combination of our previous Pending Homes Sales and the REALTOR® Confidence Indexes data into one succinct monthly document.
The report indicated there was a 23.5 percent increase in accepted offers compared to the same month the year before, while median price of homes put under agreement was up almost two percent compared to October 2013.
Here are the October 2014 highlights:
- Single-family pending home sales were up 23.5% compared to October 2013
- Single-family median price was up since October 2013 ($325,000)
- Condo pending home sales were up 14.0% compared to October 2013
- Condo median price up was 1.4% compared to October 2013 (to $300,000)
- 20th straight month of single-family year-over-year increases.
REALTOR® Market and Price Confidence Indexes:
- The twelfth straight month that the RMCI has gone down.
- The seventh straight month that the RPCI has gone down.
- Measured on a 100-point scale, a score of 50 is the midpoint between a “strong” (100 points) and a “weak” (0 points) market condition.
Click link to read the full release: October Future Indicators Report: Another Month for Pending Sales Growth