The Massachusetts Association of REALTORS® (MAR) reported today that June home prices continued their year-long climb as condominiums hit an all-time high. Sales were down from the same time last year, but new listings to the market is a positive sign.
Click arrow below to listen to the podcast:
Highlights from the release:
- June single-family home sales – Down 1.5% over last year. (5,528 sales in 2014 from 5,613 sales in June 2013)
- June single-family median prices were UP 4.0% to $365,000. Twenty-one straight months of increases.
- June condo sales down 1.1% and median prices UP 3.1% ($330,000)
- Inventory in June down 6.9% to 22,688 and condominiums available down 20.0% to 5,538
- SF listings added to the market in June UP 13.2% over last year. (8,418 from 7,438 in 2013)
- Condo listings added to the market UP 4.1% over last year. (2,687 from 2,582 in 2013)