The Massachusetts Association of REALTORS® reported today that after 23 straight months of increases, the median price of a home in Massachusetts was flat compared to the same time last year. While prices experienced no change from the year before, closed sales continued their downward trend in September.
Click arrow below to listen to the podcast:
Highlights from the release:
- September single-family home sales – Down 3.3% over last year. (4.224 sales in 2014 from 4,367 sales in September 2013)
- September single-family median prices remained flat year-over-year at $325,000.
- September condo sales down 5.1% and median prices down 0.3% ($305,000)
- Inventory in September down 7.0% to 23,355 and condominiums available down 22.3% to 5,336
- SF listings added to the market in September up 3.9% over last year. (7,295 from 7,024 in 2013)
- Condo listings added to the market down 3.5% over last year. (2,466 from 2,555 in 2013)