Home sellers are taking advantage of increasing prices by putting more homes on the market in July compared to this time last year according data released today by the Massachusetts Association of REALTORS® (MAR). July home prices continued their year-long upward climb as sales were down again from the same time last year.
Click arrow below to listen to the podcast:
Highlights from the release:
- July single-family home sales – Down 6.3% over last year. (5,409 sales in 2014 from 5,772 sales in June 2013)
- July single-family median prices were UP 2.9% to $360,000. Twenty-two straight months of increases.
- July condo sales down 8.1% and median prices UP 2.6% ($320,000)
- Inventory in July down 5.0% to 23,117 and condominiums available down 18.6% to 5,430
- SF listings added to the market in July UP 7.6% over last year. (7,057 from 6,559 in 2013)
- Condo listings added to the market UP 4.7% over last year. (2,274 from 2,171 in 2013)