The Massachusetts Association of REALTORS® (MAR) reported today that single-family home sales are up slightly from the same time last year. It’s the first increase after eight months of decreases. Prices also increased in October compared to October 2013.
Click arrow below to listen to the podcast:
Highlights from the release:
- October single-family home sales – UP 0.4% over last year. (4,321 sales in 2014 from 4,302 sales in October 2013)
- October single-family median prices went UP year-over-year (to $325,000 in 2014 from $320,000 in October 2013)
- October condo sales UP 4.0% and median prices UP 1.4% ($300,000)
- Inventory in October down 9.2% to 21,953 and condominiums available down 22.2% to 5,181
- SF listings added to the market in October up 2.0% over last year. (6,097 from 5,978 in 2013)
- Condo listings added to the market up 2.1% over last year. (2,220 from 2,175 in 2013)
MAR would like to recognize this year’s 10 Graduate REALTOR® Institute (GRI) graduates. The GRI consists of six two-day modules that cover all bases of real estate such as technology, marketing, business planning, negotiating, zoning, commercial, and much more. These members now hold the GRI designation, recognized nationally. Congratulations!
Mathew Arruda, Coastal Realty
Cherie Benoit, Keller Williams Realty
Julianne Bridgeman, William Raveis RE
Piera Fico, Corner Stone Realty
Kathleen Hannagan, Coldwell Banker Res. Brokerage
Lori-Ann Hart, CENTURY 21 Irvine & Virginia W
Peter Hill, Benoit Mizner Simon & Co.
Dana Ivers, Kelley & Katzer Real Estate
Laura Kuhnel, Kelley & Katzer Real Estate
David Marinelli, Corner Stone Realty
Maureen Nasser, Coldwell Banker Res. Brokerage
Here are the articles and posts that resulted in the release of our October 2014 Future Indicators Report. We’ll continue to update this post as more articles come in.
Thursday, November 13, 2014
Report: Another good month for Mass. housing market
Worcester Business Journal
Friday, November 14, 2014
Home sales were up for the 20th straight month
Cape Cod Today
Sunday, November 16, 2014
Pending Homes sales remain strong in Massachusetts
The Patriot Ledger blog
The Massachusetts Association of REALTORS® (MAR) reported today that pending home sales were up for the 20th straight month according to October Future Indicators Report. This report is a combination of our previous Pending Homes Sales and the REALTOR® Confidence Indexes data into one succinct monthly document.
The report indicated there was a 23.5 percent increase in accepted offers compared to the same month the year before, while median price of homes put under agreement was up almost two percent compared to October 2013.
Here are the October 2014 highlights:
- Single-family pending home sales were up 23.5% compared to October 2013
- Single-family median price was up since October 2013 ($325,000)
- Condo pending home sales were up 14.0% compared to October 2013
- Condo median price up was 1.4% compared to October 2013 (to $300,000)
- 20th straight month of single-family year-over-year increases.
REALTOR® Market and Price Confidence Indexes:
- The twelfth straight month that the RMCI has gone down.
- The seventh straight month that the RPCI has gone down.
- Measured on a 100-point scale, a score of 50 is the midpoint between a “strong” (100 points) and a “weak” (0 points) market condition.
Click link to read the full release: October Future Indicators Report: Another Month for Pending Sales Growth
Boston Business Journal (BBJ) is now offering MAR members the opportunity to receive the newsletter free! The BBJ Industry Exclusive Newsletter gives urgent, local business news dailey. Members can choose to receive the timely news in the morning, evening, or both! Click here to sign up.