Here are the articles and posts that resulted from the release of our July 2014 housing data. We’ll continue to update this post as more articles become available.
Mass. home sales fell in July while prices went up
Mass. home sales down in July
Worcester Business Journal
Home prices bump up in Worcester
Regional home sales fall, prices up
Home sellers are taking advantage of increasing prices by putting more homes on the market in July compared to this time last year according data released today by the Massachusetts Association of REALTORS® (MAR). July home prices continued their year-long upward climb as sales were down again from the same time last year.
Click arrow below to listen to the podcast:
Highlights from the release:
- July single-family home sales – Down 6.3% over last year. (5,409 sales in 2014 from 5,772 sales in June 2013)
- July single-family median prices were UP 2.9% to $360,000. Twenty-two straight months of increases.
- July condo sales down 8.1% and median prices UP 2.6% ($320,000)
- Inventory in July down 5.0% to 23,117 and condominiums available down 18.6% to 5,430
- SF listings added to the market in July UP 7.6% over last year. (7,057 from 6,559 in 2013)
- Condo listings added to the market UP 4.7% over last year. (2,274 from 2,171 in 2013)
MAR’s custom-designed, comprehensive mobile app brings all event information right to your mobile device. The MAR Conference App is a great member benefit that will allow any member to be part of the conference even if they’re not in attendance.
- View the complete event schedule, explore all of the offered sessions, and get detailed presenter information.
- Keep your pulse on the most popular sessions and events by accessing the app’s Activity Feed, which highlights useful comments, photos, ratings and more.
- Earn points, badges, and prizes for being active on the app and at the event. Check the leader board to see how you compare to other attendees.
- Update – a quick way to share photos, comments, and which session you’re attending
- Expand your professional network and have fun!
All you have to do is go to your providers app store and search MAR Conference & Tradeshow.
The app will be available for download in September. Keep checking back here for more information!
Time is running out! Now is your chance to win up to THREE FREE tickets to the MAR Conference & Tradeshow on October 6th and 7th. All you have to do is create a parody video like MAR’S Peggy Duffy-Shea. Choose any song with conference themed lyrics and upload your video to facebook after its complete and don’t forget to tag the Massachusetts Association of REALTORS®. The competition ends on September 1st.