Here are the articles and posts that resulted in the release of our November 2014 Future Indicators Report. We’ll continue to update this post as more articles come in.
Tuesday, December 9, 2014
Pending home sales up
Worcester Business Journal
The Massachusetts Association of REALTORS® (MAR) reported today that pending home sales were up for the 21st straight month according to the November Future Indicators Report. This report is a combination of our previous Pending Homes Sales and the REALTOR® Confidence Indexes data into one succinct monthly document. There was a 20.2 percent increase in accepted offers compared to the same month the year before, while median price of homes put under agreement was up over four percent compared to November 2013.
Here are the November 2014 highlights:
- Single-family pending home sales were up 20.2% compared to November 2013
- Single-family median price was up since November 2013 ($330,000)
- Condo pending home sales were up 9.2% compared to November 2013
- Condo median price up was 1.7% compared to November 2013 (to $304,000)
- 21th straight month of single-family year-over-year increases.
REALTOR® Market and Price Confidence Indexes:
- The 13th straight month that the RMCI has gone down.
- The eighth straight month that the RPCI has gone down.
- Measured on a 100-point scale, a score of 50 is the midpoint between a “strong” (100 points) and a “weak” (0 points) market condition.
Click link to read the full release: November Future Indicators Report: Another Month for Pending Sales Growth
Give your clients a chance to earn $500, if they qualify for study
Attention REALTORS®: Researchers at Abt Associates, an independent policy research center in Cambridge, are looking to recruit first-time homebuyers in Eastern/Central Mass and follow them through the mortgage and home buying process. (The center has done work with MassHousing and HUD in the past.)
For those clients that qualify and participate, there is the opportunity to receive an incentive of up to $500. Participants will make short video diaries of their experiences (and receive a video camera if they need it), along with meeting with members of the research team at least three times, answer short online surveys and quizzes, and be asked to share relevant documents with the researchers.
If you have clients that might be interested, please call their toll-free study hotline at 844-790-3022. You can also email the project director at Anna_Jefferson@abtassoc.com.